Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's been awhile since I blogged last. Not much going on to report. Kids are getting ready for school, my work has been crazy getting ready for school. It's always crazy in a good way!

Fair is coming up next week. The kids will be checking in their sheep and cooking projects on Wednesday evening. I am so relieved that 2 of the 3 sheep made weight so Bailee will be able to show a lamb. Beau will show the little lamb in the Open class...the class where anyone can show no matter the age of the person showing or the weight of the animal. Blake will check his Chickens in on Thursday..they are doing well he reports. He has been practicing showing them. I wonder if the chickens really like you fluffing their tail feathers, if they would just learn to shake their tail feathers!

This weekend will entail the kids cleaning the barns at the fairgrounds and going to the mandatory meeting, and baking their projects. All the fun of being a 4-H momma!

Monday is the first day of school for the 2 olders ones. Beau won't start kindergarten until the 2nd. He is bummed he doesn't start when the other 2 do but what can you do?

That's all for the Toyne family right now! I have to get ready for work...all the teachers start today...and I am in charge of the food and beverages ready by 8! Gonna be a long long day!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Fun FUN! That sounds like a lot of work for you...the fair! I'm so impressed with all the activities you do with your kids. I'm so lame. It's all I can do to make myself make dinner! Thanks about the compliment! Losing the last 10lbs is the hardest. My trainer says that in order to do it I'll have to work out 5 times a week and NEVER mess up on my diet, not once. It's SO HARD! I've been into croc pot recipes these days. Do you know any good ones? I'll send you my diet.

Heidi said...

Sounds awesome.. That would be great if you wouldn't mind sending me your diet. I am noticing some changes and with working at the school, I eat too much sugar, it caught up with me. I never had to worry about it..guess I do now. I will have to look up some recipes I want to get better about using my crock pot as well, I bet ti would make my dinner time a lot easier.