I haven't posted anything in a while although I have wanted too and now of course I can't remember what I wanted to blog about.
My foot is getting better daily. I had my stitches removed the day before Thanksgiving and it was horrible. I had riped out at least 1 stitch so that area was so raw and it hurt while they were cleaning it off. I was a little upset because I had kept calling the nurse in Missoula and telling her I thought my incision was bleeding and she kept telling me that they had messed with my nerves so much and that nerve block they put on my leg would feel like running water. It did in fact feel like it but it was because I was bleeding as well. I had completely soaked through all the bandages they had my ankle wrapped in. She also told me that I would be a couple days to a week that I wouldn't be weight bearing, then it went to 2 weeks now I am at 4 weeks. I don't think she gave me wrong information but she totally dismissed me.
I didn't go to the dr in Missoula to have my stitches out, the stipulation to getting my stitches out here was that I had it done by a dr so he could call the surgeon and discuss my treatment. It took an hour and half to get those stitches out! I didn't cry though, my kids were watching so I had to be strong! I about took myself out for a treat cuz I was such a big girl but decided that with my limited activity that I didn't need the extra calories. I drank wine that night instead!
I went shopping on Black Friday...it was kind of fun although being on crutches was terrible while shopping. I went with my sister in law and she was so patient and helpful! Although I think her arms got really tired. I told her I could relate since I carry my body weight on my arms daily now. I got almost all done with my Christmas shopping and it's even wrapped as of right now. I can't believe how on the ball I am. I will go to Missoula next week for my follow up appointment and I pray that I get released from these darn crutches. I will take my oldest with me to Missoula since that is his birthday and I told him we could go to lunch and he could pick out his birthday gift. I know I am a loser! He won't be able to unwrap any gifts but he swears he doesn't care.
We don't have school tomorrow which will be nice, I am getting my hair done and plan to get it cut off...although I haven't decided how quite yet! I am kind of testing my stylist. She hasn't cut my hair into a style I have wanted, stating that she doesn't want to cut it so short...I want my hair short. If she doesn't do it tomorrow I am in search of another stylist and I will have to go out of town.
That's about it for today's random blog.
My question of the day is...Christmas cards....do you think that they need to be sent out every year and how do you decide who gets one?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
It's Been Awhile
Posted by Heidi at 5:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh that SO SUCKS about your poor ankle. That nurse sounds like a total brat! You should seriously call someone and complain about her. I actually did that once, and then I felt bad because the nurse got in trouble, but she needs a swift kick if you ask me. Maybe that could be your treat for being so good! :) I can't believe you did Black Friday on crutches! You are one brave girl! You'll have to post a picture of your new hair do. I keep threatning to chop mine off too, but I never do. Maybe you'll inspire me. :) Oh...and my answer to your question...I do Christmas cards every year...well every year that I have been married, and I send them to the people that I recieved cards from the year before plus family members. Don't know if that helps you at all, I am certainly no expert. Good luck.
Yes...the nurse needs a swift kick in the HEAD if you ask me?!! That's horrible. Some people... Anyway, while in Missoula, take your kid to Rockin Rudy's. There's so much fun stuff to look at there! I love that store, and my kids could look at the interesting and crazy things there for hours! And Christmas Cards...I have been totally horrible about them for the past couple of years. It seems like I get half of them sent, then I lose my list, and can't remember who I sent what to...and so some people have gotten two, and some have gotten none...oh well...keep me on your list! My address is on my facebook...or I'll put it there now if it's not! I'm glad you're feeling better! ;-)
I am headed to Missoula on Thursday! I will have Blaker since it is his bday...his golden one at that...where is Rockin Rudy's! We did the Carousal this fall and the kids and I loved it!
Post a Comment