Surgery went well, and we came home yesterday instead of today. The dr took out a bone that he called a Boon and Crockett bone. I had no idea what that meant so if any of you do...awesome. It was the size of a quarter and was floating around. He thought it was attached so as far as grinding it out that wasn't necessary. He also cut the tendon to relieve my Tarsal Tunnel syndrome. The bone was rubbing on the same tendon that he cut so he was able to fix both issues with 1 surgery!
I am sore and hate being laid up like this. Hubby is off to work today, kids will be off to school in a bit and I will be left to fend for myself I am thinking. I am trying to be creative on how to take a shower without getting everything all wet. It will be interesting I am sure. I have a ton of questions for the nurse/doctor today. My dear hubby didn't ask any questions and the nurse pushed me right out the door so now I am in pain where I am not sure I have an incision, and it feels like I am bleeding and I am thinking that is not good. Otherwise things are good and the kids are being so helpful. Although Beau won't come near me. Maybe by tomorrow. This will help his independence I hope. We have realized just how spoiled that little one is.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I'm home
Posted by Heidi at 6:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad everything went so well! I hopr you start feeling better soon. Bed rest sucks, but you need to take it easy so you can heal faster. :) Good luck! I'll be sending good thoughts your way. :)
Heidi!!! I wish I were there! I'd come help! Be safe, and don't let them send you away without answering all your questions. If something doesn't look right trust your instincts, and don't suffer! I'll be sending good thoughts your way too! :-) Meg
thank you both for the get well wishes! I truly appreciate them!
Post a Comment