Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another Day

Yes, another day in paradise. Here I had been wanting a day to myself where I would hang out at home while my kids went to school. I got my wish, but they were miserable days. I have felt so ill. I have been suffering from waves of nausea and can't really sleep. I spend my entire day on the couch and then when the kids get home I start barking orders. It's miserable I tell you for everyone involved.

I feel like I got no follow up care whatsoever and I told the nurse that yesterday when she finally called me back at 4:30. I had a follow up appt in Missoula to get my stitches out. I am not driving to Missoula to get my stitches out if I am not going to see the dr. I asked to see if I could just get them out here and that was fine but she never set up appointment for me with the dr. So that is what started me off yesterday. How long am I suppose to be off my foot. She thought I had some good questions but you could tell she was ready to go home and I wasn't done with my questions. I told her that I thought the pain meds were making me nauseated and she stated the flu bug was going around! What!? That aggravated me as well. I told her that I didn't get any discharge instructions, I felt I was kicked right out of there not even fully awake. Not like there is anything she can do about it now. I am home. She did get me an appointment and the dr that takes out my stitches has to call my dr and then my dr will call me to see how much weight I can start putting on my foot if any. I could be 4 weeks on crutches...that kind of sux.

I did drive for the first time yesterday and it felt good to leave the house, even if when I got out of my car, I stepped right on my foot!!! OUCH! Gonna have think about things when I go to do them. I hadn't taken my pain meds since that morning so I figured by I was okay to drive even though they said 24 hours. Getting outside made me feel a little better even though I was exhausted when I got home.

I keep getting great food from the teachers, I love them all! Now if I could get someone to come clean my house..or my kids to do it without whining. I helped do the dishes yesterday its just that things being done to my standards and I am so hard on the kids to do it right. I know I know, I have actually bitten my tongue a lot to just be happy they are doing anything at all. they are wonderful and helpful and I would be lost without them right now. I want to do something for them, but I am trying to get away from buying them something every time they do something good.

I am done complaining, and I need to go take some ibuprofen but I have to eat first..so I am headed to start my day since I will have company around noon today. Yes, I have to be ready when people come over (hair and make up done). The getting ready takes quite awhile now since I am such a hop along!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I hate control freaks who have power trips. I lost my medication when we moved...and the nurse practitioner I see told me she was sorry, but I would just have to wait 2 weeks until I would qualify for a refill. People CAN be nice, but why aren't they? My mom went to see a nurse who said, "Are we going to have to use the LARGE arm band on you?" Anyway...be careful with yourself and don't try to do too much Heidi!!!

Natalee said...

I hope things start going better for you! Surgery sucks!! It seems like you feel worse before you ever start to feel better! Just remember to take it easy, and hopefully you will start feeling better soon!

Heidi said...

I feel better today actually...I actually slept a little last night...now my incisiion hurts...I feel like a big baby complaining this much.