It's update time again! I wish I would keep up on this blog so that I dont' have to type so much. I have to say that my fingers on my left hand hurt because I had 2 nails ripped off from softball. Typing is kind of painful right now.
I have started softball and so far not one night has been a nice night. I think that is going ot change today. The sun is actually shining and it says it's suppose to stay that way today! I love softball season. I have had fun so far, even though I have pulled my hamstring and my foot/ankle that I had surgery on, can't decide if it wants to work or not. I figure this is a good test for it.
The kids are good. Beau lost his first tooth on the June 16th. He was so fearful and thinks he looks silly but I keep reminding him another tooth will grow there and it won't look silly at all. At least he has worn his top front teeth down to nubs so when he loses those he won't think he looks silly at all. He will look normal!
Blake is wrapping up his baseball season. The tourney is this week and he is having fun. He had a great hit last night and that has built up some confidence. Him and Bailee both showed their 4-H animals this past weekend and they did great.
Bailee was the grand champion showman and that was very exciting for her. She also placed 3rd in her class which is also very good. The kids they were competing against haqve their fair in 3 weeks, we still have almost 3 months.
Blake showed his heifer* and they did a great job as well. I wasn't sure that his heifer would cooperate and we would be the family running after a loose cow. That wasn't the case which is a good thing because it was a muddy freaken mess!
I actually helped with loading the heifer in the trailer and I touched her tail. I don't do cows really so for those who know me you realize how big of a deal this was. My hubby and some were pretty impressed me with. Especially since it was raining and muddy and I don't like to mess up my hair!
That is about it for us. I am officially on summer vacation until August so I am trying to get caught up around the house so that I can head out of town for a couple of places. I want to get some friends visited that we haven't seen for a couple of years.
**heifer's are cows that have not had a baby. When they have their first calf they become cows.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Update Update, Read All About It!!,
Posted by Heidi at 7:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! You are one busy mama! :) Sounds like you are havig a great summer. Be careful on that foot of yours!!!
So Impressed!!!! see you will become the ranchers wife after all!!lol
Post a Comment