Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oh My Word

Where have I been? I haven't posted in forever. I had a feeling that would be that way once school and the activities for the kids started. I think my life is kind getting on a schedule and I have finally adjusted.

Blake is doing awesome. He is dealing with "growing" up. He is such a nice kid that he hates to hurt people's feelings but he has finally has had it with his good little buddy yesterday. Apparently his little buddy smashed his little creation he made in an art class. Blake was so upset, and I can't say I blame him. This act was the one that broke the camels back. This little guy is pretty young and immature for his class and Blake figured out that he lies, if he would do it back to him that he will cry and my son wouldn't ever make someone cry on purpose. Yesterday he was fit to be tied and he wanted to hit him. I was shocked but we talked it out and I worry I give the right advice but I figure it's all a learning process. I told him he needs to say something to his little friend, not that I think it will matter. I just know if Blake does say something the parents (who we are friends with) will call me but at this point it doesn't matter. I will gladly tell them, his maturity issue will be more prevalent with each school year I am afraid. He is almost a complete year younger than his peers. Oh well..growing up is hard to do! Blake is playing flag football and loving it this year. We had a meeting for his CST/IEP (child team study from the school psychologist and IEP=Individualized Education Plan) and it went well. Looks like he maybe exited after this year when he heads on to Middle school. I was advised from the school psychologist to get Blaker some counseling for his perfectionist ways. He is so hard on himself and it's robbing him from just relaxing. I am researching our different options and what insurance will pay for etc...It makes me feel like I am failing him or have I already?

Bailee is doing great! She loves school, she is in dance 2 nights a week and loves it! The only exciting things that has happened with my daughter is that her little friend told her that she needed to get a bra since she was wearing one. I advised Bailee that I will in fact make sure she gets a bra when she needs one and right now she just doesn't. I still found that pretty funny!

Beau is doing great in Kindergarten. I would like to know though how the guys who are so young are doing at the end of the day. Beau is a bear, he is so tired and cranky and his is 6. All day kindergarten is a lot for a little person in my opinion but the kids love it and are doing well. Nothing new with him. He is also playing flag football and is actually out there playing without his mom on the field or bribing him with something. He insists on me signing him up cuz he loves it at the end of the season and so I do and the first game its all tears. I think every year will be a better year. He still prefers soccer.

Cody and I are just busy working. Not much new on the homefront which is just fine with me. That is all for my update today! I am hoping I will be much better from now on!

2 comments:

The Lennons said...

Thanks for the update! It's always good to hear how your family is doing!

Megan said...

Heidi! Happy Birthday...late...but anyway, it is good to get an update on your little family! I'm trying to stay off the internet a bit more because it tends to suck me in...About the Blake Psychologist thing...people are oh so quick to send everyone off to a psychologist, and while I think self retrospection and help is great...sometimes it's not. You're a great mom because you're worried about him and are paying attention! I think YOU should not be so hard on yourself! The bra thing was pretty hysterical! I wish I had a girl!! Well...I have to get myself ready for school...ugh! Love, Meg