Thursday, July 31, 2008

Frustrated

Ok so I am all excited to start my family blog, and I have read several people's and I can't seem to get a layout I like, I don't know how to get people's blog on my blog roll. This seems frustrating to me...any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a different note..I think we may be going on a new adventure this weekend. I took the kids on a drive up to a camp ground not too far from here. It was fun doing a little hiking (although my foot about killed me...that is another post) playing in the creek, using the outhouse...that was too funny! So now they and my hubby are all wanting to go camping.

I know you are thinking...that sounds like fun...well not to me. I have slept in our tent twice. Every summer the ranch my hubby worked for let everyone go to the owner's lodge in Swan Lake. It is a beautiful place and we had to get a tent. We set it up on the lawn, that is fine considering the lodge was right there. That is my idea of camping. I love being in the mountains. Peaceful, serene, beautiful. I spent a lot of time in the mountains when I grew up. My grandparents had a cabin, so I loved fishing and rock hunting with my grandma. I never slept in the wilderness in a tent.

So this could be an adventure that doesn't really seem to be a lot of fun for me. There are bears out there and I am not protected by any building....I am scared but if that is what my family wants to try....I will put on my big girl pants and go!

Wish me luck and pray we don't get eaten by a bear, or stomped on by a moose :

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh no!! That doesn't sound relaxing to me either! I'm lucky, Kirk only likes to camp in the backyard. He doesn't like to go to bed 'dirty'...haha! But, your kids will love the adventure, and you will too, once you see their grubby little faces...(and think to yourself...'bear bait??') Kidding! Have fun, and be safe!! Meg I'm experimenting with blog layouts too...I can't get that dumb smiling lama off mine. It's driving me NUTZ! ;-)

The Lennons said...

Hey! If you go to customize then Layout then Page Elements, you can add a page element then choose Blog List. Then you can add our blog addresses to it! Hope that's what you needed!

Megan... if you go to the same place you can delete the llama on the header, I think!

Heidi said...

ok so I think I may be off the hook for camping...I love the mountains just not in a tent. I am thinking that we will do some hiking into a lake and go fishing instead...a lot less work! We haven't done anything fun since I have been on vacation...I go back to work Monday